Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Why I'm a Member of the CimFam

I suppose the best way to explain this, would be to start with a story.

Almost a year ago, some time in July last year, I was chilling on my lounge at home, watching the Olympics, when they used the song 'Call Me Maybe' for one of the segments. Well that kind of caused the song to be stuck in my head. As I was playing on my ipad at the time, I thought, why don't I just look it up? Me being me, I didn't realise that the app I used wouldn't show you the original songs, only covers. After a little bit of search, my eyes return to a song at the very top of the page. The song is on MattyB's channel, and it's his parody of Call Me Maybe with Cimorelli.

Something about that video caught my attention. I'll admit I wasn't immediately hooked, as my memories seem to keep trying to tell me I was, but I never really am. After a little bit of scrolling through the links, I started watching more of Cimorelli's videos. And I was hooked. There was something in the videos, something I fell in love with.

It's taken me almost a year, but I think I've figured out what it was. There is this magic about their videos, something I haven't been able to find in any other artist. There is this sense of carefree fun, that really seems to come across. There is this feeling of love. Cimorelli aren't like everyone else, who only cares about how they look or how many people subscribe to them. Cimorelli have more than that, they have this energy which radiates from the videos, and is felt in every single viewer.

Cimorelli also have this strong connection with their fans. It feels, almost, as if every video they make is for us as much as it is for them. We are a family, we are the CimFam. Everyone who counts themselves as part of the CimFam feels it. The love and happiness and fun that comes from family. It's easy to feel happy watching their videos.

I'm not sure if I'm getting this across right, but I hope that everyone who feels the same will understand what I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment